Autumn is here, and it’s a perfect time to warm up with a nice, spicy bowl of pumpkin soup. We love how easily this comes together with a variety of flavours and textures.
This simple, sumptuous and hearty dish is vegan and vegetarian-friendly, low in calories and high in fibre.
25ml olive oil
1 small Spanish onion (or shallot), minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
300g roasted piquillo peppers, chopped
460g roasted pumpkin, seeded and skin removed
1/2 tsp spicy Spanish paprika
salt and black pepper, to taste
500ml vegetable stock
- Heat the olive oil in the pot and sauté Spanish onion and garlic until soft.
- Cube the roasted pumpkin, reserve half.
- Place other half of pumpkin in blender, with paprika, salt and pepper, and Piquillo peppers. Add a little of the vegetable stock if it seems too thick. Optional: add chickpeas at this stage.
- Pour pumpkin mixture and stock to pot and cook over a medium heat for about 15-20 minutes. Check the seasoning and add salt or pepper, and extra water or stock if necessary to preference.
- For extra texture, add remaining cubed pumpkin. Mix thoroughly until heated through.
- Serve piping hot, with a drizzle of our spicy Spanish chili olive oil! For an extra chilli kick and a professional presentation, add Caviaroli chilli olive oil pearls as a garnish.