This amazing dressing is the result of a collaboration between Caviaroli and Albert Adria. Adria is a famous Catalan chef and brother of Ferran Adria. Ferran Adria was the creator/chef of the world-famous restaurant El Bulli. Both are famous in the world of 'molecular gastronomy', like Heston Blumental is in the UK.
They say: 'This is designed as a tribute to the olive. An exercise in synthesizing what a product as simple and at the same time complex as a pickled olive represents on a taste level. With these sauces made from pickled green olives, we want to honour an everyday product that is central to all Mediterranean cuisine for us.'
With a slightly reddish colour and a very pleasant spicy touch with smoky notes, this chipotle olive sauce is perfect for all kinds of meats and other dishes as well as with spicier cuisines such as Mexican foods.
Highly recommended to use with:
- Meats, rice and pasta dishes
- Pickled fish like anchovies and boquerones and with tinned seafood in brine
- Pickled vegetables like gherkins and olives
- Carpaccios, tatakis and ceviches
- Russian salad (Ensaladilla Russa) and as a dressing for other salads
- To dip with French fries, grilled fish and seafood